Rocket League Esports has officially joined the million dollar club - a mark that is commonly used to show the success and status of an esport. Starting in Season 6, the RLCS will have a $1,000,000 pool and the Rival Series will have a $100,000 pool.
The current rules point to the league keeping the same regions and format as last season. While the rules are subject-to-change, it does not look like we will see a new region(s), double-round robin, or other community suggested format changes for the upcoming season. However, Psyonix did hint that they had more "exciting things to announce regarding this season of the RLCS."
Rosters are locked July 30th for RLCS and August 5th for Rival Series. Expect to see roster announcements between now and then.
League play begins with North America on September 8th and Europe on September 9th.
Earlier this month Rocket Street acquired sponsorship from Psyonix for the SAM Championship. On Saturday, four teams compete for the South American crown and the $3,000 prize pool. The event begins at 1PM local time. Stream information is to-be-announced.
- Liga sul-americana de Rocket League terá US$ 3 mil em premiação e final em São Paulo
- MLD: Week 2 Review
- Collegiate Summer Series in the middle of Week 2
- Dignitas takes the Rival 1K Cup
- Gfinity Challenger Series returns July 30th
- Mountain Dew, Insomnia host amateur tournaments in EU, featuring Splyce
- Octane releases stats for NARLI 2
- Psyonix details drop rates for crate items
- Universal Open Progress: Central Closed Qualifier
- Casual Talk: CloudFuel
- Champions | RLCS S5 World Championship Montage
- Discussions with Dazerin: Turbopolsa
Check out /r/RocketLeagueEsports' curated resources list for a bevy of information on the Rocket League competitive scene.
For the latest updates on This Week in Rocket League, follow @JasherIO!