Tournaments introduces an easy-to-use single-elimination bracket format to Rocket League. Players simply browse a listing of tournaments, sign-up, and are automatically pulled into their matches. Organizers are able to configure a myriad of options, including:
- Game Modes: Soccar, Hoops, Snow Day, Rumble, Dropshot
- Team Sizes: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4
- Bracket Size: 8-128 entrants
- Rounds: Best-of-1, Best-of-3, Best-of-5, Best-of-7
- Ranks: Mininum and Maximum
- Permissions: Public and Private events
Tournaments will be released in March or April with the Spring feature update.
In addition to the new Tournaments feature, the beta also included multiple new Quality-of-Life features:
- Primary color options have been expanded.
- Items can be pushed to the top of their list by favoriting them.
- Cars can be equipped by team color.
- Network settings (client send rate, server send rate, and bandwith limit) can be adjusted in-game.
- Informational connection quality notifications can be enabled.
- Match notifications (time updates and kickoffs) can be enabled or disabled.
Notice: The above is a list of prominent features and should not be considered comprehensive.
Sharp-eyed players might have noticed the radio in the Tournaments beta. Players will be able to listen to the Monstercat playlists throughtout the in-game modes.
Fans will also be able to acquire WWE themed items in Rocket League later this year.
RLCS Qualifiers continue today and tomorrow with Qualifier #3 and with the last qual of the season, #4, on Saturday and Sunday. RLRS play-ins are March 10th for North America and March 11th for Europe.
- FlipSid3 Tactics’ Miztik: “Being captain is going to be a big test”
- Interview with Doomsee: “I’m playing Rocket League more than ever before”
- Interview with M1k3Rules: “Maybe people like the fact that I’m a Wildcard”
- North American RLCS offseason recap
- What allows teams to score first more often
- What Rocket League Pros think about the new Batmobiles
- 1v1 Car Soccer Community Cup for Oceania
- Athena hosts the 12 Toxics
- Asia Pro League 1.5 by 1NE eSports
- Drippay nominated for Oceanic Esports Player of the Year
- Mad City: Chicago Gaming Coalition $1,000 2v2
- Octane adds historical records
- Rewind Gaming opens merchandise store
- Shift Pro League halts operations
- TexasRL hosts Austin vs Dallas
- Full Throttle Ep. 2
- Live From Mannfield: Ep.100 “2 Year Anniversary” No News, Special Guest, RLCS Qualifiers and Nox Talks
- Rocket Talk: Offseason Esports Update & Roster Discussions w/CloudFuel
- The Talk Back: Ep. 36 | feat. Tylacto
Check out /r/RocketLeagueEsports' curated resources list for a bevy of information on the Rocket League competitive scene.
For the latest updates on This Week in Rocket League, follow @JasherRL!