- 38 million unique players and 2 billion games played since the 2015 launch
- Rocket League China beta
- November Nintendo Switch release
- Esports: RLCS, Universal Open, X Games, ELEAGUE Cup, Collegiate Rocket League (CRL)
- New server regions (South Africa and Asia)
Goals for 2018
- Improve server performance
- Improve Xbox One performance
- Release in-game tournaments
- Unlock items through the leveling (progression) system
- Release cross-platform partying
Over the past year 6Mans has grown in popularity with Rocket League professionals in Europe, North America, and Oceania. Similar to CSGO’s ESEA system, 6Mans pools players together into random 3v3 teams for a set of matches. Results are tracked on a player level and are organized into a leaderboard. Given its popularity, Twitch has organized the 6Mans Showdown for Rank S (professional) players.
- The Twitch 6Mans Showdown runs from December 17th to December 31st (New Years Eve).
- A $5,000 prize pool is available in both Europe and North America.
- Competitors must play 40 matches to be eligible for prizes.
In North America, only 4 players have completed 40 matches: Torment (42), Lachinio (54), CorruptedG (42), and Dappur (40).
- The next closest to claiming prizes are GarrettG (29), Fireburner (33), and EPICJonny (30).
In Europe, only 4 players have completed 40 matches: Ferra (43), EyeIgnite (41), ViolentPanda (42), Snaski (40).
- The next closest to claiming prizes are Yukeo (32), FreaKii (31), remkoe (38), Metsanauris (35), and Bluey (35).
- Leipzig, Germany
- January 26-28
- $50,000 prize-pool
4 invited teams: G2 Esports, Method, PSG eSports, and Gale Force Esports
4 qualifed teams: 2 from Europe and 2 from North America (see below)
- Lodging and travel paid-for
Day 1 - January 13
- Open Registration
- Best-of-3 Double-Elimination Bracket
Day 2 - January 14
- Closed Registration
- 16 teams: RLCS Season 5 + Day 1 teams
Best-of-5 Double-Elimination Bracket
- 8 teams begin in the upper bracket and 8 teams begin in the lower bracket
- Top 2 teams receive trips to compete at DreamHack Leipzig
- 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 tournaments
- Merchandise and Donations: The Gold Rush 24 Karat Shop
- February 9-11
- Bay Area, California
On Saturday, /u/enzankiars released a video showcasing his replay analysis tool. Built on top of Rocket League Replay Parser, /u/enzankiars's tool adds additional features to the standard in-game player statistics, including:
- Live view of the replay
- Live top-down view of player positions
- Possesion: the amount of time since the ball was last touched by a team
- Pressure: the amount of time the ball is on the other team's side
Last Wednesday /u/usedwolf's clip of a double dash soared in popularity on the subreddit. The new mechanic takes use of the wave-dash and side-dashing abilities to launch to supersonic speeds in an unheard of amount of time. Read more...
- 6Mans Streamer Showdown Week 1 Recap
- ELEAGUE Brings Rocket League Esports to the Masses
- Rocket League outlines 2018 plans, will focus on improving online servers
- Rocket League Esports 2017 Recap
- Season rewards, stats and ranking up - how I think Rocket League gets even. better.
The Rocket League community in an active and hard-working bunch. I highly suggest checking out this list of reputable news, content, and statistic resources.
For the latest updates on This Week in Rocket League, follow @JasherRL!